How to get to our Lab
- we are at the Technion campus on mount Carmel which overlooks Haifa bay in the eastern Mediterannean.
- directions to the Technion.
- we are in the Kahn Building which is part of the Mechanical Engineering complex (north side), and can be accessed from the Lady Davis building via a bridge.
Our lab is within the Center for Material Mechanics, where we have several setups for computer controlled experiments exhibiting chaotic dynamics.
- chaotic spherical pendulum subject to base excitation [ the Tritton experiment ].
- chaotic snap-through buckling mechanism.
- chaotic double-well potential [the Virgin experiment].
- nonlinear dynamics of a smart piezoelectric trimorph cantilever.
- chaotic current conducting whirling string in a magnetic field [ the Tuffilaro experiment ].
- irregular Faraday waves [ the Perlin experiment ].
- vortex-induced vibration of a tethered sphere [ EMPFL – the Environmental Multi-Phase Flow Lab ].
- inertia wheel stabilization of an inverted pendulum [ BRML – the Biorobotics and Biomechanics Lab ].
- Chaotic transients of a multi-link rigid-body dynamical system
Courses that we Teach
- Analytical Dynamics 
- Nonlinear Vibration 
- Introduction to Nonlinear and Chaotic Dynamical Systems 
- Dynamics 
- Theory of Vibration 
- Numerical Analysis of Dynamical Systems [ Matlab Procedures for the Theory of Vibration by Gottlieb and Hornstein, 2003].
Our Maritime Connection
Several years ago